wabi sabi

a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
a beauty of things unconventional.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Heading West


Our time on this little island is ending for now. We will leave the island on Sunday and fly to our home in California on Tuesday. It is an interesting life we live, this bi-coastal life. I feel very lucky to do what we do. I also feel a bit fragmented at times. A feeling of never being fully integrated in either community but never doubting I am part of the community on this very special island. It is the most wonderful gathering of people that have come to live here. Some born and raised on the island, others have come for all this little place has to offer. It is a community. It is friends and neighbors and family. I sometimes feel like this is not real life. This place of amazing beauty and people. But it is and we am lucky enough to be part of it for a few months a year.
So we leave the island and lots of friends hunkering down for the winter. I always look forward to returning in the spring, smelling the sweet grass, and gathering again with our dear friends here.


With Gratitude and Blessings

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are beautiful! I love hearing about your bi-coastal life. The best of both worlds it seems. Can't wait to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe journey. We'll miss you. Take good care. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Maine is my very favorite place to visit - although, I have never been to your little island.
    I am a long time follower of Nina's blog and I've recently stumbled upon yours - and I am so glad I did!
    I've been checking out your older posts and enjoying every moment (your bi-coastal life, your art, your self-portrait Fridays...).
    I, too, made my own list of 58 (oh my!) things - loved your list!
    Safe travels - and happy holidays.

    susan

    ReplyDelete