wabi sabi

a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
a beauty of things unconventional.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Returning

One year ago I attended my very first art retreat. It sounds so simple now but a year ago I was terrified. I wrote about it here and here. It was the beginning of a year of finding my way again. I still have a lot of self doubt and criticism. I haven't quite found my center yet but the fog is beginning to clear. I am learning my own truth and listening to my own voice.

Thursday morning I am returning to An Artful Journey. I am beyond excited to be back at this most amazing retreat. Cindy has lined up the most amazing group of teachers and after much agonizing over which class I wanted to take I finally followed my gut feeling and will be getting messy with Stephanie Lee in her plaster class. I love her work and am looking forward to all she has to share and exploring something new. I will reconnect with friends I met last year and meet new ones. We will talk and laugh, make art and share our stories. I will feed my soul, heal my spirit and expand my heart.

Will I see you there?

6 comments:

  1. Yes you will!! Can't wait to see you again--barely two days. Don't forget your rain boots. Sheesh, can you believe this? But it's all good--nothing will be able to dampen our spirits! See you there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beeootifull. Plaster sounds like a really fun choice.
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!! WOOT WOOT!! And you even get to see me in my jammies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We talked, we laughed, we made art, we shared our stories, just as you said we would. It was such fun, and so lovely to see you again! Hope it isn't a whole year until the next time!
    BethXx

    ReplyDelete