wabi sabi

a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
a beauty of things unconventional.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Little Creativity Happening

I dug out my box of glass beads I made a couple of years ago and put together a necklace. On one side I have white pearls and on the other very pale pink pearls. In between are vintage french seed beads that I have carried around for years. It has been quite a while since I made jewelry but I think there will be more coming. Perhaps lighting the torch again to see if I can still make a bead!

A painting inspired by Sarah Ahearn's wonderful work. I have been in my studio as often as I can just playing and trying not to be too critical. I love to have all my paints and papers and pens all around me and not think too much about what I am doing. Keep an open heart and see what shows up. I think in time I will find what makes my heart sing.

I am working on a few other thinks that I will share later. I also have an adventure coming up that I will tell you about.

What are you working on?

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindy,

    Beautiful necklace with meaning; those are the best artistic touches! I think we need to think of it being playful and allowing it to happen. If I get rigid about it, it comes out awful...

    I am working on this Wall Calendar Journal; I had to put it away for a few days. We had a
    birthday to celebrate, but tomorrow, I hope to make some more pages. It is fun and addictive. I will be thrilled when I finish a whole journal!

    I look forward to hearing about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete