wabi sabi

a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
a beauty of things unconventional.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Gearing Up for Summer

For us that means heading back to Maine to our wonderful little house on the island. I always look forward to returning and the ritual of opening the house and settling back in to our life there. The smell of sweetgrass, peonies, and lilacs. We have a wonderful community of friends and family. As much as I look forward to returning, this summer I have decided to take a little extra time before I go East. My husband will leave in a few days to fly back with our dog. I am going to stay in California for a few weeks for some much needed solitude. A few weeks of nothing to do but take care of my own well being. Days with nothing but my own company and my own rhythm.

A few weeks of painting, creating, exploring, and playing.

Time to just sit with my thoughts.


And time to just breathe.


I am still looking forward to going to Maine and having an awesome time. Just a little bit later this year.


What are you looking forward to this summer?


2 comments:

  1. Ahh Lindy both sound dreamy! I am looking forward to some rest and sunshine in the coming weeks...
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer sounds wonderful. My only get away is a day journaling class with Pam Garrison-it means a trip to LA and a drive back up the coast so I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete