wabi sabi

a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
a beauty of things unconventional.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun Mail Day & Fun with Suzy!

I went to the mailbox several days ago and found two of my favorite things






I have always loved magazines and catalogs. It is a bit of an obsession. I remember as a young girl spending hours with the Sears catalog and a pen planning rooms that I would have some day. I would circle all the items of clothing that would hang in my closet if I dreamed hard enough. I tore pages out of magazines with recipes and decorating ideas and still do. In my quest to have less stuff in my life and because we live a bicoastal life, I have made most of my magazine subscriptions digital and read them on my ipad. The one I still get in the mail is Anthology. I read every issue over and over and am always inspired. If you aren't familiar with Anthology it is worth checking it out!


One of my other favorite things is bags! Bags in any form! Purses, totes, pouches. I love them all. This obsession also started when I was young. I remember watching That Girl with Marlo Thomas and being so fascinated with her clothes and that she had a different purse to match every outfit. At the time I thought that was the coolest thing ever! I don't have bags to match all my outfits ( I am not sure what I wear qualifies as outfits!) but I do love a good bag. My new purse is from Bookhou and makes me so happy! I don't know how many pieces you have to own to qualifiy as a collector of an artists work but I think I am there. I love Arounna's work. On my list of fun things to do is a field trip to Toronto to visit Bookhou and meet her.

I love the memories that have influenced the things I love. Sometimes it is the simple things I love the most.



I am heading to Berkeley this weekend for a two day workshop with Suzy Pilgrim Waters and Sarajo Frieden. I met Suzy at Squam last fall and was so inspired by her in many ways. She is pure joy and fun! I was so happy to hear that she was coming to the Teahouse Studio to teach with her friend Sarajo. It is going to be an awesome fun weekend! Check out the Teahouse website and all the amazing workshops happening. It is such a warm welcoming and wonderful place to take a workshop and just be around creative spirits.


Have a good weekend!














1 comment:

  1. yay! Looking forward to having you there again with us Lindy!! xxx

    ReplyDelete