wabi sabi

a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
a beauty of things unconventional.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Self Portrait Friday (from the road)

We ended up being delayed for a day and left thursday morning. We were more than ready to get on the road!
We headed up highway 80 towards Tahoe. It is always a beautiful drive. I love to drive it in the fall. We crossed thru Nevada thursday. Nothing much exciting there...
Friday morning we crossed into Utah. I love the reflection of the mountains in the water. The salt flats are kind of fascinating. I felt a bit like we were crossing the surface of another planet.

Self Portrait friday afternoon in Wyoming. We have stopped in the very small town of Rawlins for the night. We are finding that 9-10 hours is enough. Wonderful son has done all the driving so far. We are not big chatters in the car. It has been that way since he was little. We have short conversations about things of interest and then I am back to my book or my ipod or just thinking my thoughts and watching the view. How often to we all crave time for that! I do love being out in the wide open space!

Our journey continues tomorrow. I will be back when I can.

What journey would you like to take?

2 comments:

  1. I feel I'm on my fabulous journey right now! And I'm loving every bit of it. Now, we get to travel with you on your fun journey. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete